It was very beautifull!
A Taste of the Past
"How am I supposed to be whole without you?"
Meet Mei, a shy, Chinese-American high school student dealing with the sudden passing of her mother. After losing all of her mother's recipes, Mei embarks on a train...only to realize her ancestors have boarded as well. She must uncover her mother's recipe for traditional noodles while learning about self-love, grief, and healing.
Experience a story of growth through reliving precious moments with family and cooking. A Taste of the Past is a relatable and touching journey about holding those you love close.
- Complete cute cooking minigames. Gather ingredients from your ancestors to chop vegetables, fry noodles, and wrap soup dumplings.
- Experience a cozy, heartwarming tale. Write poetry, talk about boy troubles, and re-discover why you started painting.
- Stylized hand-drawn art.
- Original voice acting, writing, art, and music.
*Our WebGL version does not support full-screen. In order to experience our game full-screen, please download the version for your computer!
- Writing: Emily Pitcher Instagram, YouTube, Itch.io, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art: Isabelle Szeto Twitter, Julia Lee Instagram, Jaimi Qiu Twitter Instagram, Caroline Wang Instagram
- Programmers: Richard Cheng Itch.io, Johnny Wan Itch.io
- UI: Caroline Wang Instagram
- Music/Sound: Caio Jiacomini Instagram Twitter Itch.io
- Voice Acting: Grace Lulu Fang Instagram, Mei Tam Instagram
- Special Thanks: Dennis Woo, Ray Hsiao Itch.io, Kelvin Nguyen
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I keep playing this game over and over its just so pretty!
Hi! I've run into a bug in the game where it will not allow me to progress pass the washing hands mini-game. No matter how long I click and hold and allow the bar to fill up, the mini-game never completes. I've also tried downloading the game on steam and itch, as well as trying to play it in the browser but I still got stuck at the washing hands mini-game.
You're only supposed to wash your hands up to the black line!
The game is so nice! The minigames are well-made and the story is bittersweet. <3
very sweet, the minigames were incorporated well and were very effective for how simple they were
even though i havent had the same experiences the writing made me emotional u_u
i'm not a person to cry at games but this one really got me
ok, you got me, i'm crying TT
this game served as a cute little reminder to just hug the people you love extra tight... the writing, art, and voice acting were all so beautiful and emotional. great job on this game!
as someone who also dealt with the loss of a parent at a young age like mei, a lot of the things she said resonated with me. it was kind of like, "wow, it's not just me that thinks that?" haha, and so it was both rly relatable and comforting.
p.s. the little minigames were so cute, too!